We have created a corporate culture that respects diversity and values innovation, integrity and high performance standards. We’re continually looking for the right qualified people with whom together we will achieve the our vision. We offer a wide range of career opportunities for such qualified applicants.
F&B OPERATION MANAGER (1 position)
Department: HUMAN RESOURCE
Supervisor: GENERAL MANAGER
Assist in the overall operation for the restaurant, food and beverage, managers, hire staff, purchase food and stock and make sure everyone is trained on proper food preparation, proper and legal safety techniques and understand health standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in developing an operating budget for each of the Restaurants’ revenue outlets, monitors and takes corrective action as necessary to help assure that budget goals are attained.
- Assures that effective orientation and training for new staff and professional development activities for experienced staff are planned and implemented.
- Inspects to ensure that all safety, sanitation, energy management, preventive maintenance and other standards are consistently met. d) Assures that all standard operating procedures for revenue and cost control are in place and consistently utilized.
- Help plan and approves external and internal marketing and sales promotion activities for the food and beverage department.
- Establishes quantity and quality output standards for personnel in all positions within the department.
- Ensures that all legal requirements are consistently adhered to including health & safety, licences, staff medical examinations and assures that all applicable policies and procedures are followed.
- Researches new products and develops an analysis of the cost and profit benefits.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures for food and beverage department.
- Develops on-going professional development and training programs for service personnel.
- Ensures correct handling procedures to minimize breakages and food waste.
- Addresses member and guest complaints and advises the General Manager and CEO about appropriate corrective actions taken.
- Assists in planning and implementing procedures for special events and banquet functions.
- Monitors employee dress codes according to policies and procedures.
- Manages physical inventory verification and provides updated information to the accounting department
- Works with the Executive Chef and Pastry Chef to establish menu prices for food, beverage and cakes.
- Establishes and maintains professional business relations with suppliers and clients.
- Develops a capital budget for all necessary food and beverage equipment and recommends facility renovation needs.
- Serves as Restaurant Manager on duty. t) Perform any other duty that may be assigned to you by the GM
Key Results Areas Profitability of the business
- Overall operations of the business
- Management work effectiveness, communication, competencies, responsibilities and accountabilities.
- Maximize revenue and minimize operational costs.
- Monthly sales targets
- Overall performance of the business
- Quality service and maintain consistency in service delivery
- Build company image
- Maximize teamwork to all staff
- Staff Development
- Analysis report
Academic and Professional qualifications
- Bachelor Degree and or Post graduate Diploma in Hospitality Management or its equivalent
Relevant work experience required
- 30 years and above.
- Work experience between 5 years in a busy hospitality industry
- Knowledgeable of Business and Management principles and practices
- Knowledgeable of Strategic Planning
- Knowledgeable of Human Resource Management principles and practices
- Knowledgeable of basic economic and accounting principles and practices
- Knowledgeable of office administrative procedures
- Supervisory Skills
- Training ability
- Decision- making
- Information management
- Resource management
- Problem analysis and problem solving
- Planning and Organizing
- Delegating tasks and responsibilities
- Communication Skills
- Team work
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements of the above job descriptions, submit your online application letter, up-to-date curriculum vitae, copies of certificate and testimonials by 5p.m. Monday, December 3rd , 2018. Applicants must indicate the JOB TITLE on the subject line and sent to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To join our team, qualified applicants are requested to respond to any vacancies posted on our careers page. Requirements to apply:
- A well written Cover letter
- A detailed Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Details of your current remuneration package
- Three letters of reference (for short-listed candidates only)